Every once in a while, you need to take a break from decorating, sit down, and find some inspiration. If sitting cross-legged on the couch in your new living room with fuzzy socks, a ponytail, and a whole bunch of Pinterest sounds like gold to you at the moment, then here are 5 decorating quotes to get you started:
1. “An empty room is a story waiting to happen.” (Charlotte Moss)
2. “A room should never allow the eye to settle in one place. It should smile at you and create fantasy.” (Juan Montoya)
3. “Stick to the things you really love. An honest room is always up to date.” (Billy Baldwin)
4. “Your home should tell the story of who you are, and be a collection of what you love.” (Nate Berkus)
5. “An interior is the natural projection of the soul.” (Coco Chanel, French fashion designer who founded Chanel in 1910)
Inspired yet? If any of these quotes spoke to your heart, then feel free to take things one step further and hang them up on your wall in a frame. The Coco Chanel quote is especially popular right now as a piece of decor, considering it came from Coco Chanel, the French fashion designer of the post World War I era and founder of a fashion empire that’s still strong today, which means you can’t really get any classier.
If you’re still not ready to leave your couch, I’m not gonna judge (as a writer, sitting on the couch is basically my main occupation, so…). Check out more of our articles or enjoy your internet surfing. Happy dream hunting!